Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by why »

I looked your demo on your website, it looks good.

however, I downloaded your sample, tried to run the code separately on my PC, it failed.

also, I did the following to integrate into my existing project, it failed as well.
We downloaded and try to integrate into our app.
- Downloaded bryntum-scheduler-trial.zip
- Upzip the file
- Run npm install --save C:\Downloads\bryntum-scheduler-trial\scheduler-2.2.1-trial
pls see the errors attached for the integration case.

please advise.
Attachments
integration errors.jpg
integration errors.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 2213 times

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello,

What OS are you on? Looking at the path you mentioned "C:\Downloads\bryntum-scheduler-trial\scheduler-2.2.1-trial" I assume it's Windows.

Problem #1: Start our demos
I downloaded your sample, tried to run the code separately on my PC, it failed.
What demo did you try to get running? We have "basic" and "filtering".

If you want to start "basic" demo, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to examples/react/typescript/basic
2. Run `npm install` and `npm run start`

If you want to start "filtering" demo, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to examples/react/_shared
2. Run `npm install` and `npm run build`
NOTE: if you're on Windows first need to update examples/react/_shared/package.json file "scripts" block and then run `npm run build` (we have a ticket to fix it: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum/tickets/8996):
  "scripts": {
    "build": "(if exist build rd /Q /S build) && (set NODE_ENV=production) && babel src/lib --out-dir build --copy-files --ignore __tests__,spec.js,test.js,__snapshots__ && postinstall"
  },
3. Go to examples/react/typescript/filtering
4. Run `npm install` and `npm run start`.

All these steps are described in corresponding readme files:
examples/react/typescript/basic/README.md
examples/react/typescript/filtering/README.md

Please try to get both demo running and let me know how it goes.

Problem #2: Integrate scheduler to your app
I did the following to integrate into my existing project, it failed as well...
Run npm install --save C:\Downloads\bryntum-scheduler-trial\scheduler-2.2.1-trial
If you look at our guide carefully, you'll see that local packages are installed from "build" folder:
npm install --save Scheduler/build
In your case "Scheduler" is "scheduler-2.2.1-trial", so full path might look like this:
npm install --save C:\Downloads\bryntum-scheduler-trial\scheduler-2.2.1-trial\build
In build/package.json you can see that the package is called "bryntum-scheduler"
"name": "bryntum-scheduler",
So after installation please go to "node_modules" of your application and check if "bryntum-scheduler" is there. Also in package.json of your app you should find something like this:
  "dependencies": {
    "bryntum-scheduler": "file:../../../../build", // path to the scheduler-2.2.1-trial\build
Let me know please if it works for you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll try to help you asap.

Best,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by why »

hi,
the import now has no error, however, when I ran the app and navigate to the scheduler, I got errors as in the attachment.

thanks;
Attachments
error3.png
error3.png (134.51 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
error2.png
error2.png (140.66 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
error1.png
error1.png (137.27 KiB) Viewed 2194 times

Post by why »

integration errors.jpg
integration errors.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
integration errors.jpg
integration errors.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
added two more files for error info
Attachments
localhost-1565291910091.log
(23.21 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Post by why »

integration.png

Post by why »

I debugged into the code, this is causing the error
 this.schedulerEngine.destroy(); 
schedulerEngine is undefined.

Post by mats »

So something triggers a destroy call when the app starts up? Sounds very odd, we'll have a look and if we can't find it let's setup a quick screenshare call

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Exception is thrown because scheduler styles are missing in the app.
Ticket opened here: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum/tickets/9029-react-app-in-trial-distribution-should-not-throw-when-styles-are-missing/details

Post by why »

we test some of the functions using the basic example, if we need to test full functionalities, how should we proceed? are there any libraries we need to download? or we need to do npm install from somewhere other than from the example we downloaded?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

why wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:22 pm we test some of the functions using the basic example, if we need to test full functionalities, how should we proceed?
I'm not sure what do you mean by full functionalities. Please elaborate your question?

There are number of examples of the scheduler features. Also all features are listed here.
Online documentation should also help you to learn how to use scheduler, often class docs include code snippets.

All features are available in the trial distribution, which differs from licensed version mostly by lack of human-readable sources.
are there any libraries we need to download? or we need to do npm install from somewhere other than from the example we downloaded?
Scheduler is a standalone JS library which is not distributed via npm. Although, there are number of integration demos (react/angular/vue etc) which use distribution as a local npm package.