Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by conn.finn »

Hello,

I was looking into using the store configuration value applyChangesetFilterSortTarget such that the applyChangeset operation wouldn't immediately apply current sorting but was noticing that it still seems to apply sorting if there are groups defined. It seems to not apply sort when records stay within a group, but any changes that classify it in another group, it moves to there. I'm trying to achieve functionality that doesn't move a row until the user manually changes the sort.

Am I interpreting this config value correctly? Thank you.

Post by marcio »

Hello,

To not apply the current sorting, you need to set that config to none.

Are you still having the sort applied even with that config set to none, is that what you mean? Could you confirm/clarify that?

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by conn.finn »

I did set that store configuration value and wasn't seeing what I was expecting. Would you be able to explain what I should be expecting if I use the value? My current setup is I have two main groups I sort rows into and then have another field within those groups that I setup a sort for. For example, using your Salesforce demo, I have groups separated out by the record's done value and then I manually will sort by the age column. I have a button setup to increment the first account's age value while the age sort is applied. I don't notice the row changing its position even when I don't set the applyChangesetFilterSortTarget = 'none'.

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

That config allows you to either apply current filtering (and sorting) to the incoming changes (only), meaning rows immediately appear/disappear in the right place considering the current filter/sort, or not do that, so for example new rows just get dumped at the bottom regardless of filter/sort.

You seems to be asking for a changed row NOT to move to its new grouping, and remain in the wrong group. I don’t think we support that, or at least I don’t know of any config to do it.

But the flag works wrongly and need to be fixed. I've opened a ticket here https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8250

All the best,
Alex