Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by rapiduser »

johan.isaksson wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi,

Understood, but unfortunately that is not something that will be supported in the near future.We plan to add dynamic data loading (during 2022) in Grid and Scheduler, but for Gantt it is not as "easy". Gantts calculation engine requires access to all tasks to calculate the full project, making it currently impossible to load on demand.

We are investigating the option of running the engine on the backend, streaming changes back and forth. That would open up for dynamic data loading, but work has not yet begun.

Would you have an idea of when work will begin for it?

I understand that this feature has been requested by customers in the past. It would be good to get an idea of when we can anticipate such a feature.

Post by johan.isaksson »

We hope to ship it Q2/Q3, but that is a very rough estimate.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by rapiduser »

johan.isaksson wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 pm

We hope to ship it Q2/Q3, but that is a very rough estimate.

Okay that's great that its on the TODO list.
Dynamic Gantt data loading would be well appreciated by your customers I am sure.

Another question regarding performance. I have a scenario where I do not need the grid portion of the Gantt chart at all so I am hiding and locking it like so;

subGridConfigs: { locked: { collapsed: true } }

Does the Grid still perform actions behind the scenes? Is there a way to completely absolve any grid actions if I don't intend to use it?

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

Please post your question in a new thread, one topic per thread makes it easier for others to find answers and for us to track the questions

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson