Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by cf_Simon »

Hello,
when right-clicking an element in your advanced example, it gets automatically selected.
When right-clicking an already selected element while pressing "Ctrl", the element gets deselected - the contextmenu shows anyways. When using the onItem-function, taskRecord seems to be correct, while selection is empty (which is correct, as the item has been deselected...)

Is the "no selection ctx-menu" intentional? Or a side effect that you plan to change at some point?

P.S.: In the advanced example, some options are working, while others don't. E.g. "Edit Task" opens the correct task while "Copy"/"Cut" do not seem to do work. When this is intentional, it'd be nice if copy/cut would be able to handle that out of the box :-)

Post by saki »

when right-clicking an element in your advanced example, it gets automatically selected.

I've tested it in our on-line advanced demo and it does not seem that the event gets selected on right-click.

FYI I'm on Mac so I use Cmd+click instead.

menu-selects.gif
menu-selects.gif (403.8 KiB) Viewed 596 times

When right-clicking an already selected element while pressing "Ctrl", the element gets deselected - the contextmenu shows anyways.

It behaves differently too:

menu-selected-deselects.gif
menu-selected-deselects.gif (387.72 KiB) Viewed 596 times

I must be doing something differently, am I?

Post by cf_Simon »

Oh sorry, my bad I did not think about that.
If used the context menu on the left side (columns).

Context-Menu-2.png
Context-Menu-2.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 595 times

Post by saki »

I see.

Selection/deselection in the grid is not currently configurable. Just FYI, the context menu is implemented in https://bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Grid/feature/CellMenu.

Re: Copy & Paste not-working: Anything special to be done? Cut/Copy/Paste menu options do work for me.

Perhaps a detailed sequence of actions to make them fail would help. Ideally a screencast.

Post by cf_Simon »

When using Ctrl+rightclick, the "organge bar" is not shown. And when executing "Copy", the "Paste" Option is not available.

Bryntum Gantt-Ctx-1.gif
Bryntum Gantt-Ctx-1.gif (3.04 MiB) Viewed 593 times

Post by saki »

This is a bug; I have created ticket here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3213