Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by raju1 »

Hi,

We have read through the documentation for Labels (https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Gantt/feature/Labels#config-left) where we can show labels to the left or right of the task.
Is it possible to dynamically switch the label position for each task? It could be based on the current visible space on the left of the task where scrolling the gantt to the right would move labels from left to right.

labelwrapping.png
labelwrapping.png (14.71 KiB) Viewed 672 times

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks,
Nagaraju

Post by mats »

Not sure that will be feasible, it'd need to handle it as part of the task rendering cycle. Possible but not currently supported. BTW: Is that really our Gantt in the screenshot?

Post by raju1 »

Yes, I have created the mockup design using chrome firebug as per our request.

Post by mats »

It's not our Gantt, just making sure you're aware :)

Post by raju1 »

Please refer the below screenshot same kind of design in bryntum also.

labelDesign.png
labelDesign.png (72.4 KiB) Viewed 650 times

Thanks,
Nagaraju

Post by saki »

As @mats already said, it is not currently supported and would have to be implemented.

However, we may implement it in the future; I have created a Feature Request for it: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3015

Post by egraves@accuer.com »

Hi. This was our request originally, but I thought I'd ping you about it again. We had this in our old (pre-Bryntum) version and our customers miss it most of all. It is quite powerful, as it can minimize the amount of eye movement needed to review & understand the plan which makes it much easier to absorb. Plus then we look less like MSProject, which is always a good thing, since MSProject doesn't have a great reputation.

I've attached an updated picture. The previous one wasn't working for me.

floating task titles.png
floating task titles.png (123.32 KiB) Viewed 242 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi egraves@accuer.com,

Thank you for clarifications, I've added a comment in the ticket for our product management. We will try to increase priority for this feature.

All the best,
Alex