Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by Yunzhou »

Hi All,

I just downloaded the trial version of Siesta Standard Package, hoping to try out the test automation capability with PhantomJS and Selenium Webdriver. When I try to run my test in cmd via PhantomJS, it shows "Timeout". (See attachment)

Can anybody tell me what's causing the problem?

Thanks.
Attachments
PhantomJS - Timeout
PhantomJS - Timeout
phantomJS_hanging.JPG (36.99 KiB) Viewed 3858 times

Post by nickolay »

First of all double check the harness URL. Then please try running the same command with "--debug" command line switch and report the results. Unfortunately PhantomJS 1.7.0 has some serious regressions, we've just downgraded version in Siesta back to 1.6.0. Does the same URL work with webdriver launcher?

Post by Yunzhou »

Thanks Nickolay. After adding --debug in phantomJS, the error message is: "Can't find variable: Ext" Please see attachment.
phantomJS_hanging2.JPG
phantomJS_hanging2.JPG (78.89 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
As for webdriver, IE is able to launch and show the harness page, but not test has been run and I get the following error:
webdriver_ie_problem.JPG
webdriver_ie_problem.JPG (64 KiB) Viewed 3853 times

Post by Yunzhou »

What I got after adding "--debug" in webdriver:
(I'm using tomcat to set up my local server)
Attachments
webdriver_ie_problem_details.JPG
webdriver_ie_problem_details.JPG (142.22 KiB) Viewed 3853 times

Post by nickolay »

What version of siesta do you load from the harness page (test-harness.html)? It should load "siesta-all.js" file from the trial distribution. "siesta-all.js" from lite distribution does not contain some classes used by automation.

Post by Yunzhou »

Hey Nickolay, thanks a lot for the information! I changed the library to 1.1.5 and it worked in PhantomJS!

Post by nickolay »

Ok, cool. I'll add a meaningful error message for such case.