Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by lucacervo98 »

Good afternoon,
as i was testing the application i noticed that the new assignment effort field is updated everytime the user changes the units field. If the user tries to edit the assignment effort field manually the value resets itself. This is a different behaviour compared to Microsoft Project, where you can edit both the assignment units and the assignment effort (field named 'work' in Microsoft Project).

Do you, by any chance, have in plan to implement it in the future? To make the assignment effort editable like in Microsoft Project?

Thank you,
Luca.

Last edited by lucacervo98 on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi there,

Can you please share bit more detail about this? A clip showing the different behaviour would be helpful. Moreover, we will get back to you on Monday after discussing this with the person who worked on this and it would be helpful for us to have something visuall to better understand the issue.

Post by lucacervo98 »

Hi Ghulam,
This is what i intended with "now the assignment effort resets itself when the user updates the field manually":

Demo assignment effort.mp4
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

Regarding the behavior of Microsoft Project, I don't know exactly all the implications of changing the assignment effort (work) field. But i do know that the user can edit both fields manually.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the clip, it made life bit easier :) I have checked and this is something that is not supported yet. The AssignmentEffortField is readOnly. I have created a feature request here to implement this. You can subscribe to it to keep track of updates https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8874.

Regards,
Ghous