Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by dpontes »

Hello Bryntum folks

I'm trying to embed a chart in the resource lane, similar to this example: https://bryntum.com/products/schedulerpro/examples/embedded-chart/

For the looks of this example, seems like you set the width of the chart to be "timeAxisViewModel.totalSize" and assign a value per time axis tick. In my case, I have a large data sample and my time axis can get considerably long, I'd need to plot a considerably long chart and this would take a decent time to render, which is not ideal.

Also, on every zoom/panning interaction, the chart might need to be updated, what other options could we use?
I've considered plotting only the data for the "visible viewport date range", although this would take many manual computations to try to place the chart correctly with the timeaxis every time a horizontal scrolling event is triggered. Do you have any pointers that I could follow?

Thank you

Post by mats »

I built that demo, and it does take a bit of fiddling to get a 3rd party chart to play nice but it is definitely possible to get it nice. I think you'd simply have to experiment and see what approach works best for your scenario. We're also launching a new chart package later this year and we might be able to implement something to simplify this (can't say more until launched). If you'd like our help to implement your chart, we also offer Professional Services.