Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by kirsten »

Hello!

I'm seeing some unexpected behavior when selecting multiple (2) occurrences of a recurring event series and dragging them to change the start time.

When I select "All Future Events", the sync request payload looks as I expect, with 2 added events and 2 updated events. The updated events end the series via the recurrenceRule, and the updated events add 2 new recurring events that reflect the updated start time. This makes sense to me.

However, when I select "Only This Event", the sync request payload includes 1 added event with a null recurrenceRule, and another added event with a recurrence rule. I expected both added events to have a null recurrenceRule, since I am making exceptions to the series. However, it seems that my "Only This Event" choice is only applied to one of the selected events I am dragging to a new time. The other change in the sync request looks like it is applying "All Future Events" behavior.

I've reproduced this by modifying the scheduler pro + react + typescript + recurring events example project. (See attached.) I've included a few configs that we use in our own project: project instead of crudManager, multiEventSelect, taskEdit, and I've also updated the data.json to use assignments. (Autosyncing doesn't work, but I'm logging the request to inspect the payload.)

Do I have something configured incorrectly or am I misunderstanding what should happen in this scenario?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kirsten

Attachments
recurring-events-with-multi-event-select.zip
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 16 times

Post by saki »

Hello Kirsten. This is apparently a bug so I've created an issue here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8800

Post by kirsten »

Thanks so much Saki! I'll follow that and we'll enable multiEventSelect when that's fixed.