Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by prem kumar »

Hi Team,

I'm using Bryntum 4.3.1 version .One of the resource consists of 2 assignments for same task will work for 2 different days .In screenshot we can see the resource -BENOIT LEVESQUE will work for 2 different days on 22nd oct and 23rd oct .so In Resource Histogram its showing as overloaded on 22nd oct with 2.7 h of 5h allocated.But In fact its not overloaded because just utilizing the 2.7 hrs in an 5hrs.I'm attaching the necessary screenshots and resource data, assignment data and calendar data ..could u please suggest any workarounds inorder to resolve it .

Thanks,
Prem Kumar

Attachments
bryntum data.txt
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Screenshot (190).png
Screenshot (190).png (217.03 KiB) Viewed 136 times
Screenshot (189).png
Screenshot (189).png (161.5 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Post by arcady »

I'm afraid the screenshots and file you provided is not enough.
Please provide a runnable test case. so we could checks debug what's going on.

Post by prem kumar »

Hi Team,

I'm attaching a runnable test case ...Once the screen launch please click on "GO" button so that u can able to find the gantt loaded with task, resource and assignments .

Thanks
Prem Kumar

Attachments
bryntumoverloadedFolder.zip
(2.96 MiB) Downloaded 13 times

Post by arcady »

Hello,
Assignment model has no start/end date fields and assigning the same resource to a task more than once is not supported.
That's why you it as an overallocation.
Best regards,
Arcady

Post by arcady »

P.S. BTW I've noticed you provide both recurrentStartDate/recurrentEndDate and startDate/endDate field values in your calendar intervals. This configuration is ok before v6.0.0 (it just uses recurrent* fields only when got values there).
But since v6.0.0 it will mean a different thing - a recurrence running in the startDate - endDate time range. So I'd recommend you returning null values in startDate/endDate field if you have recurrentStartDate/recurrentEndDate specified. Just to avoid upgrade issues in the future.

Post by prem kumar »

Hello,
In assignments start/end dates provided as assigned_end and assigned_start...Here the same resource to a task assigning on 2 different days. And each day utilizing effort is not extending the maxEffort .. so to the best of my knowledge Its should not be overloaded (If it is assigned twice on same day then it will be overloaded but this case is different as it is assigned on 2 different days).Correct me If I'm wrong.

Thanks
Prem Kumar

Post by arcady »

Hello,

As I mentioned above assigning a resource to the same task more than once is not supported.
So I've no idea how the component works in such cases.

Best regards,
Arcady