Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by bkohler »

Hi,

We have a UI which shows resources and their assignments. The assignments have schedules. We are using both the grid and the scheduler. The scheduler gives an idea of the duration of the schedule. While the grid gives an idea of the hours break down of the schedule. In the grid this is implemented by custom columns. The schedule can be viewed in day, week, month, year and quarter view. (See screenshot for reference.)

The user can shift the schedule by dragging the corresponding event on the scheduler. We have a requirement where we want to resize and shift the schedule on the grid. So that the user can see the hours breakdown as well as shift on the same view. We tried implementing this with the fillHandle feature but have found a number of limitations.

• It works only for the day view and it can only be used to extend the schedule and not to shift the schedule.

• It works only for cell selection mode cell. Our selection mode is row and we cannot change it at this stage.

• The drag pointer is only in the right side. We would like the drag pointer cursor on both sides

• This is on the Salesforce environment and we have found it to be slow on LWC, taking several seconds to rerender, particularly between fillHandleBeforeDragFinalize finishes and beforeFillHandleDragStart is called.

So we would like to have a feature that allows us to resize and shift the schedule in the grid view in a performant way for LWC. Also in week, month, quarter, year view we would like granular resizing ie resize the schedule such that we can extend or shorten it by days.

Thanks,

Beth

Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 09.17.01.png
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 09.17.01.png (863.26 KiB) Viewed 136 times

Post by joakim.l »

Hi beth!

The FillHandle features sole purpose is to replicate cell data, with some additional logic. Try it out in our spreadsheet demo. It works very similar to popular spreadsheet applications like Ms Excel or Google Spreadsheet.

It works only for the day view and it can only be used to extend the schedule and not to shift the schedule.

I'm not sure how a FillHandle feature could work when only selecting rows. Probably it should replicate all cells in row. Is that what you're looking for?

It works only for the day view and it can only be used to extend the schedule and not to shift the schedule.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how the FillHandle feature can extend or shift the schedule.

The drag pointer is only in the right side. We would like the drag pointer cursor on both sides

Can you elaborate on the reason for this? If this should make it to a feature request we would need the reasoning behind it.

This is on the Salesforce environment and we have found it to be slow on LWC, taking several seconds to rerender, particularly between fillHandleBeforeDragFinalize finishes and beforeFillHandleDragStart is called.

I've created a ticket to investigate FillHandle performace in SalesForce: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8660

From your description and the screenshot, I don't really understand what you're looking for. But it doesn't seem to be the FillHandle feature.

Regards
Joakim