Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by anoop.francis »

Hi Arcadi,
Thanks for your reply and glad that we found out the issue. I will try this out today and let you know how it goes.

But as you said the calendar intervals are not treated as same from 5.3.0 onwards, is this change log documented somewhere (may be in any of the release notes)?. It would be good to have it documented somewhere. If it is already there, can you please share me the link to that? I have gone through the documentations before I posted this and if I were able to find what you said was the change happened, it would have saved a lot of time for both of us and I would like to know if I was looking in a wrong direction. I understand the php code was updated, but the change log is the one we go through first to understand what all changes has happened from the previous releases.

Once again thanks.

Post by arcady »

Hello,

Normally all such changes are mentioned in the corresponding "Upgrade guide" shipped with the distribution.
But I don't see it's mentioned in the guide shipped w/ Gantt v5.3.0: https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/guide/Gantt/upgrades/5.3.0

I don't know how it managed passing review stage but it seems we missed adding this change to the guide.
I'm sorry it happened. Normally all you need to do is checking upgrade guide(s) when updating our sources.

Maybe what confused us was the fact that calendars editing/persisting was not implemented in the Gantt out of the box. But we didn't think that customers could implement it on their applications level.

Again we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Arcady