Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

htmx

Post by gregc »

Any thoughts on htmx + bryntum components as an alternative to react/vue/svelte etc.
For enterprise crud apps.

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

We have plans to create a post about HTMX integration in our blog in nearly future https://bryntum.com/blog/

All the best,
Alex

Post by gregc »

Cool. I haven't used Htmlx but I do enjoy producing html layout server side, keeping all my business logic in one place. Of course we need JSON for bryntum grid, and combo controls. I also prefer using Bryntum for popups and form controls.

I think the most useful think htmx could do is as a utility to replace sections of the page with cleaner code instead of reloading or writing my own css selectors. Perhaps it makes multi form workflows simpler, I use javascript callbacks and bryntum popup forms for that right now, its not bad.

I never liked the concept of writing a SPA using a javascript framework, too hard to troubleshoot with a quick glance. But I do enjoy using the Brntum javasript because its pretty intuitive once you get going.

I just wish it was easier to override your CSS using just CSS. While I've customized most colors, I had to abandon making a dark mode theme because it takes too long figuring out which styles to override. And I am not using SCSS or any front end bundling.

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing that, really appreciated. We will try to describe it clearly to make is easy for start.

All the best,
Alex