Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by digohd »

Hi!

I'm trying to create a day view within the calendar in which I have two parallel tracks with events of different kinds. On the left I want the scheduled events of the employee, and on the right I want another "track" which displays another type of report events which displays what the employee actually did and when. See attached file for a rough sketch.

Is this possible? I looked into using a custom mode with "resource" as type and having only two resources: "planned" and "report". This is an issue however, as resources are already in use to connect events to employees.

BryntumCalendarSplit.png
BryntumCalendarSplit.png (62.84 KiB) Viewed 330 times

Best regards

Post by Animal »

This looks like an interesting requirement.

It looks like you need to create a custom mode class.

This would extend Container, use layout : 'box' (meaning use flexbox layout for the child widgets) and contain multiple DayView instances, each of which will have an eventStore which is chained off the main project event store using a filter to only include what it needs.

A mode class has an interface it must implement in order that the owning Calendar can control it in response to those tools in its top toolbar and its sidebar.

This is explained here: https://www.bryntum.com/docs/calendar/guide/Calendar/gettingstarted/customview