Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by licjapodaca »

Hi there, I want to remove the week number from the WeekStartDay of a Month view mode, I already use the showWeekNumber and showWeekColumn without success like so:

week-numbers.png
week-numbers.png (102.38 KiB) Viewed 670 times

Here it's the code I use in the definition of the Calendar component:

modes: {
	year: null,
	list: null,
	month: {
		weekStartDay: 1, // Monday is the start day of a week
		showWeekColumn: false,
		showWeekNumber: false
	}
},

Post by alex.l »

Looks like there is a bug, should be working. We will check that, here is a ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3831

All the best,
Alex

Post by alex.l »

Hi licjapodaca,

We discussed it with team and I closed the ticket.
showWeekNumber is deprecated, and showWeekColumn manages only week number column visibility when it shown in separated column, so it has no effect for number element inside a day cell.

Actually to hide that number you can use CSS rules. That element has b-week-num CSS class.

All the best,
Alex

Post by licjapodaca »

Excellent @alex, thanks for your help, I will use that CSS rule ...

Regards

Post by Animal »

Without that week number, you miss one slight usability benefit that you might not have noticed.

The week number is clickable. Clicking on a week number goes to the WeekView to show that week.

This is the same from all "larger" views: You can drill down to more detailed views.

In the YearView, you can click on the month header to go to the MonthView, or the week number to go to the week view:

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 11.12.43.png
Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 11.12.43.png (30.66 KiB) Viewed 636 times

And you can go from month to week, and then, using the day header, from week to day.

Post by licjapodaca »

Awesome, thanks for your feedback @Animal ...

Regards