Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by longevo-florian »

Hi,

I found this entry to your forum from a few years back: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11730

However, when I try to implement the mentioned approach to disable the All-Day Event Header, it seems to be ignored by the calendar. When I try to follow the documentation link it says the article could not be found.

Does that possibility still exist or has the feature to remove the all-day header been removed in a later version?

Post by saki »

Do you need to disable the header in vanilla or Ext version? The title say [ANGULAR] so I assume vanilla.

There is no way of hiding all-day events from view other than css. This should do it:

.b-calendarrow-body {
    display: none !important;
}

Post by Animal »

Thinking about it, this might be nicer. It will then actually render nothing there instead of taking the time to render event bars which are just hidden;

allDayEvents  : {
                        // Will collect no events, so won't show any all day events
                        eventFilter : () => false
                    }

Hi,
as you can see at https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3771 the ticket is already resolved at Github. Does this mean it is already available in the current version (4.3.3) of the calendar?
Which config settings are necessary to deactivate the all day event header and show all events directly in the calendar?
Thanks!

Post by Animal »

It's not in the codebase yet. There are a couple of extra tickets in the same area which need resolving too, but we are working on it.

Hi, when can we expect the update?

Post by alex.l »

Hi longevo-florian,

The fix will be there in the next release. We cannot provide the dates, usually we release every 2-3 weeks.

All the best,
Alex

Hi,

I added the config for https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3771 but the allDayEvents are still showing up in the all day bar.
The expected behavior is that the over-night events are showing up in the calendar regularly and not in the all day bar

Thanks!

day: {
      view: {
        allDayEvents: {
          eventFilter: () => false,
        },
      },
    },
    week: {
        allDayEvents: {
          eventFilter: () => false,
        },
      },
    },

Post by Animal »

? The above code is the workaround. As it reads, it just excludes events from that top bit.

This is the new config: https://bryntum.com/docs/calendar/api/Calendar/widget/DayView#config-showAllDayHeader

Ok thanks.

But this also does not work.
Do I have to add something else to?

day: { 
        showAllDayHeader: false,
      },
    },
    week: {
        showAllDayHeader: false,