Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by kamran_mushtaq »

Hi Tasnim,
Thank you for your help everything is working fine I can retrieve the dependency data as well as add the new dependency and it is saving to our db as well.

Now I need to know one thing now that, how to remove the current dependency without double clicking the Gantt task bar and deleting it from predecessor or successor, previously we have this functionality on double clicking the line of dependency.

2nd thing,
When I add a new dependency update update Action in dependencyStore also executes along with the add Action. Why this is working like that? And also if I want to update any dependency value then how to do it from the front Gantt Area.

Post by tasnim »

Now I need to know one thing now that, how to remove the current dependency without double clicking the Gantt task bar and deleting it from predecessor or successor, previously we have this functionality on double clicking the line of dependency.

To delete dependency on double click on the dependency line, you need to use https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/api/Gantt/feature/Dependencies#event-dependencyDblClick event listener
bryntum.com/docs/gantt/api/Gantt/data/DependencyStore#function-remove

listeners : {
        dependencyDblClick({ source, dependency }) {
            source.project.dependencyStore.remove(dependency);
        }
    }

2nd thing,
When I add a new dependency update update Action in dependencyStore also executes along with the add Action. Why this is working like that?

It fires the update action because after adding the dependency, the fromSide and toSide value is null and it gets updated. that's why it also fires update action. you can check it by logging the whole item in the console.

And also if I want to update any dependency value then how to do it from the front Gantt Area.

You just need to enable https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/api/Scheduler/feature/DependencyEdit feature

Post by kamran_mushtaq »

Great! thank you Tasnim