Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by accounts@projul.com »

None of bryntum control is working on iOS mobile app like gantt, calendar etc as those are working fine for us on android, Plz find below the error we are facing its just a white screen. See attached image.

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 9.04.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 9.04.23 PM.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 825 times

Post by mats »

Can you please try to reproduce it with unminified code so we can get a normal call stack?

I have attached a pdf explaining the issue more fully.

Attachments
@bryntum ios issue doc (1).pdf
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 51 times

Post by mats »

Ok, I'm afraid this info is not sufficient for us to look into the issue. Can you please submit a small test case and instructions of how to reproduce the problems?

Is there a way to schedule a call between our developer and Bryntum to go over what the issues are?

Post by mats »

We can't offer live debugging I'm afraid, only as part of a Professional Services engagement: https://www.bryntum.com/services/

We simply don't have enough staff to serve each client with dedicated support staff.

It would be best if you can upload a small test case here.

Small Test Case
ionic Capacitor Project
This is a test project with all of our libraries that we are using in our project. Pods are already installed.
It has two menus 1- switching 2- testing bryntum
Switching is just for switching between menus so it's easy for you to reproduce the issue again.
Download the App from the below link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ykUL5y-TusHoNAM6Vj80XA6mOYUwZzB/view?usp=sharing
Open the app and run 'npx cap open ios'
Test scenario
1-Goto testing bryntum menu
2-Open the dropdown menu and click on any dropdown menu full scheduler, calendar, etc
3-It shows a blank screen with the error

Was the small test case helpful? Any advice for us at this point?

Post by alex.l »

Hi accounts@projul.com,

Sorry for a long answer. I see an error in your application, It's pretty hard to understand what's the main reason of that. I will share with you what I was able to find during my investigation.
Looks like cordova incapsulated real problem and showed error from one of its sources because no evt object has been passed in one of it's handlers. This may be because it was not real event, but js crash.
I tried to run your app in the browser and I found interesting problem.
You used few components together on one page, we don't support that at the moment.
I see error "Bryntum bundle included twice" in the browser console, which means same code loaded from different packages. Basically that's enough to have problems with the application.
Here is a feature request to support that https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4670
We will discuss internally possible solutions and terms.

While testing your iOS app, I found that the error you mentioned appeared even if didn't interact with our components, but only go throw main menu from one page to another.

The thing that might help us to go forward here - please try to update your application to use only 1 of our components (as example Scheduler), remove imports for other components from package.json and try to reproduce the problem.
Try the same with not using our components at all.

All the best,
Alex

Thanks Alex. Any idea when the feature request #4670 will be implemented?