Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by peterlechner »

Hi,

I recognized that the edit dialog disappears if you click 2 times outside of the edit dialog.
Is this by design?

BR, Peter

Post by Animal »

It's not really valid to mutate other parts of the app while editing an event. So that gesture is taken to mean you're done with that editor.

You could make the editor modal : true if you want. That would mean people could play with clicks outside the editor. People could click on the mask, and the behaviour of that is configurable.

https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/api/Core/widget/Popup#config-modal

Post by peterlechner »

Hi,

thanks for the clarification. Does that gesture mean a 'Save' or a 'Cancel'?
If you assign a resource to a task and then you click twice outside of the edit window it seems that the assignment is not stored (meaning a 'Cancel'), but the remove event of the assignment store is not fired.

Thanks, Peter

Post by Animal »

Twice? One click outside of a Popup will close it.

That is a cancel gesture, it just calls the close method of the Popup.

Post by peterlechner »

Yes, twice,
first click outside doesnt do anything, second closes the window.

BR

Post by arcady »

How can we reproduce this? Could you please provide exact steps how we can see that on some of our demos?
Or a test case would be good..

Post by peterlechner »

Hi,

i recognized that this happens only in Chrome browser. With Edge and Firefox one click is enough.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open one of your samples. (I tried with https://bryntum.com/examples/gantt/basic/)
  2. Right-click the task, Edit
  3. Click next to the edit window --> nothing happens
  4. Click one more time next to the edit window --> window closes.

BR, Peter

Post by peterlechner »

20220127_092308.mp4
attached a sample
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 51 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
I've tried this on latest chrome 97.0.4692.99 on Windows 10 both on a touch device and on a non-touch device. I cannot reproduce this behavior on the basic demo. Which chrome version do you use? Please clear browser cache and try again.

Post by peterlechner »

Hi,

I have the same version 97.0.4692.99, cleared Browser cache, same behavior.

BR