Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by awakeb1 »

Hi Support Team,

I want to merge current schedule with the file I imported. this is the data I merged and will load to bryntum gantt:

data.json
(591.35 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Here is my ImporterMerge.js

ImporterMerge.js
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Here is my app.js

app.js
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

In app.js please take a look at line 218:

gantt.crudManager.on('load', function () {
    //Call ajax to load data.json and pass to ImporterMerge.js
    //This is example of call importer
    //await importer.importData(response.data);

//gantt.setStartDate(gantt.project.startDate);
//await gantt.scrollToDate(gantt.project.startDate, { block: 'start' });
});

Let me explain the logic:

• First I load bryntum with an empty data

• After project loaded it will trigger event "load" of gantt.crudManager. Inside this event I will call ajax to load data, example here I load data.json and pass this data to ImporterMerge.js

• In this ImporterMerge.js I do as: tasks imported and already existed in the current schedule I will keep id, tasks imported with no existed with current schedule I will remove id, mean this task will be added new.

To this step everything is ok. Because I checked:

• Some tasks need to create new will have isPhantom = true, and id has a string format. Example: "_generatedClassDefEx1"

• Some tasks need to update will have id > 0

My problem is when I click Save, all tasks are added new. Please help me take a look at some files I attached and help me why some tasks have id > 0 but when sync, bryntum send them to server inside syncRequest.tasks.added. I think they have to be inside syncRequest.tasks.updated

Note: I used bryntum gantt v4.2.5
Thanks

Post by awakeb1 »

Here is my data after run ImporterMerge.js and load on bryntum gantt.

merge.png
merge.png (95.83 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
Normally only phantom tasks should appear in added array in the outgoing request. I couldn't check your example because it is not runnable. Please wrap this into smth that we can run locally and investigate outgoing request.

Post by awakeb1 »

Hi,

Please check attachment aspnetcore.zip below and do the steps:

• Run app

• After data is loaded, click on "Merge data" button, it will load data_already_merged.json file. Some green tasks are add new, Some yellow tasks are reschedule

And data will be look like this after "Merge data" button is clicked

merge.PNG
merge.PNG (87.85 KiB) Viewed 1091 times

Please try to make breakpoint at Sync action on GanttCrud controller and click Save button, you will see all data in added array. My expectation:

• 4 New Tasks will be in added array

• 27 Reschedule Tasks will be in updated array

Note:

• Event Click of Merge data button in index.html file[

• No connect database just load json file and all files located in wwwroot\data

Thanks.

Attachments
aspnetcore.zip
(15.65 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi awakeb1,

We cannot run the app you provided. Looks like some configs files are missing and configs from our examples are not working if we used them instead. Please try to attach a full, runnable app.

All the best,
Alex

Post by awakeb1 »

Hi Alex, please can you advice if I can add Indent & Outdent as a bottom in the top menu, and the same for Predecessor and Successor. Thanks in advance

Post by awakeb1 »

please can you advice if I can add Indent & Outdent as a bottom in the top menu, and the same for Predecessor and Successor. Thanks in advance

Post by alex.l »

Hi awakeb1,

Please make a new thread for new question. It doesn't sound relevant to original post.
And please provide more details what is "as a bottom in the top menu", I can't get your idea.
Thank you!

All the best,
Alex