Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by gaurav.tyagi »

Hello,
I am working on the migration of ExtJs Gantt to Bryntum Gantt but facing some issues.
I need to load the tasks and dependencies through API, it loads the tasks properly for the first time, but does not load it if I reload the same data.

Also, it does not load the dependencies even if it has loaded the tasks.
I have attached a screenshot of the code I am using to load the data.
Could you please let me know if I am missing something here ?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments
TasksNotLoading.PNG
TasksNotLoading.PNG (43.88 KiB) Viewed 775 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
I tried on our latest advanced demo, it works perfectly. How do you tell tasks are not loaded 2nd time? Can you reproduce this problem locally on gantt advanced demo?

Post by gaurav.tyagi »

Hello Maxim,
Thanks for you reply.
I am loading the tasks on click of a button.
I'll try to reproduce it in demo project, meanwhile could you please confirm if the code I have shared, looks fine to load the tasks ?

Post by saki »

Yes, the code looks good. In the snipped above you use hard-code inline data what does not reach to the server in the loadCrudManagerData

But the function should work every time it is called, not only the first time.

Post by gaurav.tyagi »

Hello,
I tried with the data of the advanced demo project and it works fine.
I am not sure what could be wrong in my data which prevents loading of the task for the second time (click the load button again).
I have one error in console as well, could that be the reason ?
"Uncaught (in promise) Error: Conversion unit not provided
at _0x1206d8.$convertDuration (gantt.lite.umd.js:13)
at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
at _0x47654a.calculateProjectedXDateWithDuration (gantt.lite.umd.js:13)"

Post by mats »

Hard to say without a test case, can you please provide one so we can investigate this?

Post by gaurav.tyagi »

Hello,
There was some issue with our logic which was preventing it to load second time.
It is loading fine now, though "conversion unit not provided" error is still there.

Thanks for the help.

Post by mats »

Can you please provide a small test case we can inspect?

Post by gaurav.tyagi »

Hello Mats,

It seems to be failing for the durationUnit value.
With ExtJs gantt we were using "working days" as the durationUnit, but that is not working with Bryntum gantt.
I provided "day" as durationUnit and then there is no error.
Could you please let me know what is the equivalent of "working days" in the Bryntum gantt ?

Edit : Also, when providing the durationUnit as "days" it shows the start and end date different from what the actual row data is having, but this was not the case with the ExtJs Bryntum.
Thank you.

Post by arcady »

As it was already told we need a test case to see what happens. durationUnit field means basically the same thing it does in Ext Gantt. Duration by definition is amount of working time and durationUnit value defines in which units the value is specified.