Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by petersm »

Hi

I'm getting a similar problem to one I had before
viewtopic.php?t=18761

This time it's happening when I add a resource to a task and click save.

Post by arcady »

How does you server response look when it adds a resource?

Post by petersm »

Something like this

{"success":true,"requestId":16327508165801}

Post by arcady »

When you add a record it's expected the server to return the added record identifier assigned by the database. Otherwise the record will keep being treated as a new one and will be sent to server again and again...

I see that you have validateResponse: true set on your project which helps to configure server responses probably.

It means that it should post a warning to the browser console in that case. The warning explains what's wrong and how the response should look.
Something like this:

CrudManager sync response error(s):
- "resources" store "rows" section should mention added record(s) #XXX sent in the request. It should contain the added records identifiers (both phantom and "real" ones assigned by the backend).
Please adjust your response to look like this:
{
    "resources": {
        "rows": [
            {
                "$PhantomId": XXX,
                "id": ...
            }
        ]
    }
}
Note: To disable this validation please set the "validateResponse" config to false

Do you see it?

Post by petersm »

Thanks, that appears to have fixed it. Though I thought supportShortSyncResponse:true would make it not need that.

Post by arcady »

It's actually mentioned in the https://bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Gantt/model/ProjectModel#config-supportShortSyncResponse docs:

Please note that added records should still be mentioned in response to provide real identifier instead of the phantom one.

:)