Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by casman.manzano »

Hi there,

I am trying to integrate bryntum gantt chart using Angular

this is my code so far... and im trying to load data but it doesn't seem to be showing anything.... can anyone pls direct me as to what it could be that i'm missing?

on my gant config ive stated what columns i want to show and i have my transport loading the files from my "data.json" file... so not quite sure what else is needed to get something basic going..

thx

Attachments
code2.JPG
code2.JPG (134.72 KiB) Viewed 631 times
code1.JPG
code1.JPG (609.91 KiB) Viewed 631 times

Post by saki »

The data looks good so we need a runnable showcase to investigate what's wrong, see network traffic and console messages.

Post by casman.manzano »

the network shows it can't find the file.. how should i reference it. i've referenced it the same way as in your trial examples so not sure how i should go about referencing it.... thanks!

Attachments
data.jpg
data.jpg (205.33 KiB) Viewed 616 times

Post by saki »

For Angular, we usually put the data file in assets folder, not under src/app because it is a special folder understood by angular builder (see angular.json). For our advanced demo, we have it this way:

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 16.07.55.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 16.07.55.png (133.58 KiB) Viewed 612 times

Post by casman.manzano »

ok thx so much got it!

so that error seems to go away but no data still loads, ive checked the network and nothing is reported.... tho it is looking for user pictures in the console tho i don't think this would interrupt the flow........

i've basically copied the advanced folder on the trial so not sure what else is needed..

i'm open to uploading on a public github so u can view the code if needed. thx!

Attachments
bryntummm.jpg
bryntummm.jpg (136.77 KiB) Viewed 611 times
bryntum-data.jpg
bryntum-data.jpg (285.16 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Post by saki »

The errors are only not-found images. You can find out if anything is loaded to the task store by typing in the browser console:

bryntum.query('gantt').taskStore.getCount();

If you get a non-zero value, check if gantt has a good vertical height (our examples could serve as a reference on how to do it).

If you get zero, then post please a showcase, we'll take a look.

Post by casman.manzano »

ok so great news, it seems that when i typed getCount it showed 41 records so maybe it is a height issue?

do you have a file u can point me to that shows how i can fix this? thx

Post by casman.manzano »

nvm got it! thx!