Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by Gantt_user »

I am experiencing some sluggish scrolling with the Gantt chart. I was expecting to have a smoother scrolling experience similar to that of the big data set example on the examples page. The scrolling isn't as smooth and there seems to be a delay. I also noticed that the dependency connectors seem to be redrawn or flicker whenever I scroll.

I am using the following packages.

"@bryntum/gantt": "npm:@bryntum/gantt-trial@4.1.2",
"@bryntum/gantt-react": "4.1.2",

Attached is the sample data I am using.

ReactSample (1).txt
(130.88 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Videos are not permitted? Otherwise I have a video of said behavior.

Post by saki »

Take a look at the following video. It is a sreencast with your configuration/data, production build with our latest (yet to be released) 4.1.3 version and licensed version, no trial. It seems quite snappy to me, what do you think?

gant-scroll.gif
gant-scroll.gif (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1160 times

Post by Gantt_user »

saki wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:03 pm

Take a look at the following video. It is a sreencast with your configuration/data, production build with our latest (yet to be released) 4.1.3 version and licensed version, no trial. It seems quite snappy to me, what do you think?

gant-scroll.gif

Yes that looks much better than what I am experiencing. Have you tried using 4.1.2 trial version to see if it could be replicated?

attached is a gif of what I am experiencing

SluggishScrolling.gif
SluggishScrolling.gif (8.81 MiB) Viewed 1158 times

Post by saki »

Yes, trial is choppy. My results are equivalent to yours. Here is the ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2847

Post by Gantt_user »

saki wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Yes, trial is choppy. My results are equivalent to yours. Here is the ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2847

Thanks very much for confirming.

Just to confirm, licensed versions 4.1.2 and above will not have the choppy scrolling and this is exclusive to trial versions only?

Post by saki »

Yes, according to my tests, it is so.

Post by Gantt_user »

saki wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:02 pm

Yes, according to my tests, it is so.

Does it get more sluggish the more records you add to the store?

I've increased my data to 500 tasks and it became extremely slow. Its slow loading the data and scrolling vertically/horizontally.

Post by saki »

Give us please your runnable showcase, we'll re-test on the same conditions as above (latest release, licensed version).

Post by Gantt_user »

saki wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:22 am

Give us please your runnable showcase, we'll re-test on the same conditions as above (latest release, licensed version).

The versions are the same as the original post.

"@bryntum/gantt": "npm:@bryntum/gantt-trial@4.1.2",
"@bryntum/gantt-react": "4.1.2",

I attached a working sample.

WorkingSampleData500Tasks.txt
(420.13 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Post by saki »

Thank you for the data. We will discuss it internally and will answer early next week.