Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by arcady »

Ok it seems I've finally managed to boil the test case down. Here is a ticket for the bug: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3031
Thank you for the feedback!

Post by Jerther »

Good work! I'll follow this closely! :D

Post by Jerther »

Hi!

I'm updating to Gantt 5.0.3 and I'm revisiting previous issues. Here I ran the test cast with the updated Gantt component. Here are the updated steps:

• Run the demo.
  • Expand the tasks in row 73
  • Double click on the predecessor arrow of the task of row 73. That'll open the dependency editor.
  • Hit delete.
  • Now drag the task in row 73 just slightly to the left, like 1px, so it gets a constraint date.
  • :!: (Still happens) Notice the dates of the some subtasks have changed.
  • Edit the task in row 74 (the milestone), go to the advanced tab and hit the X in the constraint type box. (don't save just yet)
  • The dates of some of the subtasks have changed to reflect task 74 starting earlier.
  • Hit cancel in the task editor. Now the weird stuff begins...
  • :!: (Still happens) First, after hitting cancel, you'll notice that while the milestone has reverted correctly to its previous state, the subtasks have have not.
  • :!: (Still happens) Notice also that the effort for tasks in rows 78 to 81 have changed. That should never happen.

Could all this be due to inconsistencies in the data?

Post by alex.l »

Thanks for the update! Very appreciated!

All the best,
Alex

Post by arcady »

I suggest to wait till the issue gets resolved and then re-check how it looks.
The test case is rather big so potentially there could be some other issues but it's better to shoot them one by one.