Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by TomS »

Hello,

Is there a way to make the parent tasks independent from their children (leaf) tasks in terms of having their own independent start date, end date and duration? I can see that the finish and duration fields are grayed out when editing a parent task and no matter what I do I cannot seem to break this connection between the parent task and its children. Even if I load tasks into the gantt that should be independent of each other, the parent task gets automatically resized as the sum of its child tasks and its duration is shrunk as a result, displaying different values then the ones provided.

Is there a way to make the parent task end on a date after the finish of its last child task? For example: I want to have a gantt displaying a parent task that starts on the 1st and ends on the 20th day of any given month, having two children that I can collapse visually. The first child starts on the 1st and ends on the 5th and the second child starts on the 6th and ends on the 9th. If I load such data into the gantt right now the parent task would get shrunken down and finish on the 9th even though the provided data says otherwise (it should finish on the 20th).

Is there something that I can do or configure to achieve this?
This also applies for present done.

Post by nickolay »

Hi,

Currently this is not supported, parent task is always calculated based on its children. We'll consider implementing this feature.

Post by nickolay »

For percent done there's an option on the project, to disable auto-calculation: https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/engine/interfaces/projectmixin.html#autocalculatepercentdoneforparenttasks