Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by jandresampaio »

Thanks for the update. Mapped fields are very important so we don't need to perform additional mappings that are very prone to errors.

But with other mapped fields, like startDate, in our example, which maps to StartDate, and are shown correctly we have a problem:
-Why doesn't StartDate (or even startDate) value is updated in the task record when changing the value in the UI ?
How are we supposed to keep track of the changes?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

As far as I see mapping works fine with other fields, only name is troubled for some reason.

Speaking of mapping fields you can read more in the doc. Long story short: fields are transformed to the accessors (get/set) with corresponding name and they read/write data according to the mapping. So when field is modified like `record.duration = 1`, accessor is called which triggers some additional logic and data ends up in `record.data` object.

I checked start date field mapping in your demo, I can see record.startDate and record.data.StartDate having correct values after changing them in the editor. Can you provide steps to reproduce this issue?

Please start new topic with the steps to reproduce, to keep 1 issue per topic.