Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by Nualis »

Hi,

We are trying to use the AjaxStore for loading the data of a grid (version 5.1.0). The fetch action was going in a infinite loop while getting the data. After we set the 'autoLoad' to false the infinite loop while fetching data was resolved, however filtering or sorting the grid still ends up in a loop. Any thoughts on this one?

Post by mats »

Can you please share a test case so we can reproduce what you are seeing?

Post by Nualis »

Hi Mats,

For instance if I add a 'groupable:true' to the https://bryntum.com/examples/grid/php-paged example and group on that column, you will see the loop. I've added a video as an example.

Attachments
Example.mp4
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 42 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi Nualis,

Grouping doesn't support by our PHP server in that example. It's very basic implementation with only base functionality to demonstrate how to integrate a real back-end.
In case autoLoad used and incorrect data returned, it tries to sync again to apply grouping (or whatever you'll need) until server returned correct results (apply requested state).
In case of loop on data fetching as you described in your original post - that may be a bug.
Could you please provide more details to reproduce the originally reported issue? And please check if you returned correct data with all params depends on what features you used.
We will discuss if we need to change that behaviour and stop fetching in a loop for such cases. I will back with the answer shortly.

All the best,
Alex

Post by alex.l »

I've opened a ticket to investigate this problem https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4974

All the best,
Alex

Post by Nualis »

Hi Alex,

I see that the issue https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4974 is currently still open. Do you have an idea when this item will be picked up?

Post by alex.l »

Hi Nualis,

The ticket 've got high-prio label. We can't say exactly, but high-prio means it will be fixed in nearest releases, very possible in 5.1.4 version. 1-3 weeks.

All the best,
Alex

Post by Nualis »

Hi Alex,

We saw that the issue was fixed in the 5.2.0-alpha-1version. We did some testing and the loading, sorting and pagination works! The only thing not working properly is the filtering, which continues to loop. It gets the correct results from the backend, displays them, than keeps on sending the same request over and over.

Can you please have a look at the filtering also?

Will there be also a 5.1.4 version with this fix or only a stable 5.2.0 version? Any ideas about the release date of 5.2.0 when that is the only version with this fix?

Regards,

Hans Meijer

Post by tasnim »

Hi,
I've tested in the alpha version. I tried filtering a column but I'm not able to reproduce it. Could you please provide the steps to reproduce it?

Attachments
chrome_g1pHwgMMz2.gif
chrome_g1pHwgMMz2.gif (355.16 KiB) Viewed 420 times

Post by Nualis »

Hi,

We tested with v.5.1.4 and v5.2.0-beta-1 and the filtering with the endless loop has been resolved. However, the pagination does not work anymore. When click on the 'next page arrow' the grid does not update. The backend api is called, the page number is changed, but the data in the grid stays the same.

And if you remove the filter (using the filterbar) after you typed in a filter phrase, there is the following error:

Error.png
Error.png (39.85 KiB) Viewed 378 times

Can you please have a look?