Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by korneld »

Hello,

I'm setting up the Jenkins job that will clone our repo, install project dependencies, build the project and send the output files to our aws s3 bucket.

The above Jenkins job is triggered by every merge commit. Also the developers are able to run the job manually e.g. from current working branch.

I'm wondering what's the recommendation to get authenticated by Jenkins for your private npm registry and who's token the Jenkins server should use. I don't think it's a good idea to use developer token. The developer can quit the job but the process still need to be run. Can we create ci/cd user (e.g. bryntum-registry@ourcompanyname.com) ? Do we count that ci/cd user to our developer (licensed) list ? What is your position on that ?

Best regards,
Kornel Drabinski

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Post by korneld »

It does not answer my question. We know how to authenticate and this is well documented. I'm asking who's token the Jenkins job should use ?

I'm wondering what's the recommendation to get authenticated by Jenkins for your private npm registry and who's token the Jenkins server should use. I don't think it's a good idea to use developer token. The developer can quit the job but the process still need to be run. Can we create ci/cd user (e.g. bryntum-registry@ourcompanyname.com) ? Do we count that ci/cd user to our developer (licensed) list ? What is your position on that ?

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi!

Login to npm with the dev's account you have for Customer Zone and than create a token for this dev.
Please note this dev should have required product listed in Customer Zone.

Contact us at info@bryntum.com if you need new dev account in Customer Zone.