Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by bdent »

Hi-

Using version 5.0.3, while dragging a row to reorder it, we are noticing an insertion/drop indicator appear at the far left of the screen, but not where the drop is going to take place/complete. We don't see this in the grid row reorder example as it appears this might be due to using a tree column. The indicator appears on the parent, regardless of which level within the tree you are performing the reorder.

row-reorder.gif
row-reorder.gif (1.69 MiB) Viewed 780 times

In the attached movie, notice the small arrow that appears between Project 1 & Project 2, regardless of where i'm dropping the task related to Project 2, so this becomes unintuitive. Can this specific feature of the RowReorder be disabled like you can the grip, via a toggle? We are trying to stay away from additional style overrides.

-Bryan

Attachments
hz-bryntum-test-harness.zip
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 32 times

Post by mats »

Sounds like a reasonable feature request, we'll look into it! https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4582

Post by bdent »

Thanks Mats. Is there an easy way in the interim for us to suppress this arrow indicator manually? I can look in the CSS but thought you guys might be able to point us to the right override a little faster. Thanks!

Post by mats »

.b-row-reordering .b-row-reordering-target-parent .b-tree-cell::after { display : none; }

Post by bdent »

Thanks Mats! That worked great.

Post by bdent »

Hi. Just following up on this one as I see it's part of the 5.1.4 release. Can you point me to the documentation so we know what to set/configure to use this? Thanks!

Post by tasnim »

Yes, Sure. Please set https://bryntum.com/docs/grid/api/Grid/feature/RowReorder#config-dropOnLeaf to true to achieve it.

Good Luck :),
Tasnim

Post by joakim.l »

Hi bdent.

Just to clearify things. The indicator arrow has been removed as of the 5.1.4 release. So no need to configure this.

Regards
Joakim