Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by til.schniese »

Hi there,

I just noticed a bug when displaying events.
When setting a constraint date with type=startnoearlierthan, that is before the displayed range of the schedule, the related event is disappearing, even if the constraint is obviously satisfied.

You can test it in the constraint example of yours:
https://bryntum.com/examples/scheduler-pro/constraints/

Post by til.schniese »

Or this is expected behaviour? I would have expected, that the initial start date is kept, as it is initially after the constraint date. Correct me if I am wrong.

Post by alex.l »

Hi til.schniese,

In general dates are always calculate by the Engine except manually scheduled tasks and some other custom cases.

When setting a constraint date with type=startnoearlierthan, that is before the displayed range of the schedule, the related event is disappearing, even if the constraint is obviously satisfied.

Could you please provide what exactly you changed (which tasks), what dates you used to make sure what is "even if the constraint is obviously satisfied" means?

Thanks!

All the best,
Alex

Post by til.schniese »

Hi,

maybe this is more like a question than a bug report. It is like the following. In the demo here, there is an event called Annual inspection in the top row. It's startDate is 03/24/2020 initially. If I now remove the initial constraint, and instead set a new constraint with startnoearlierthan on a date, that is before the initial start date, e.g. 01/01/2020, the event will update its start date to this constraint date. In my case, I would have expected, that the start date stays the 03/24/2020, because this constraint not to start earlier than the 01/01/2020 was still satisfied.

So my question is like, is this the expected behaviour? Maybe because of the asap scheduling?

Post by arcady »

In Scheduler Pro events having constraints (incoming dependencies or a constraint set (except late constraints)) are scheduled ASAP.
So when you set a constraint the event get scheduled to its earliest possible date.