Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by Leonardo »

Hello everyone!

I've got a request to add the possibility to deselect an event with a single click on it.

The scenario is on a multiSelect scheduler. There are N selected events and when I click on one of the selected, I'd like to deselect it.

I tried to listen to eventClick and deselect if selected, however I noticed that the selection takes place before eventClick is fired, so I cannot easily verify if my event has just been selected with Ctrl+Click, or it was already selected and I should deselect it.

Is there any built-in way to do that? (deselect with a click on the event, that was already selected).

Thank you!

Post by saki »

Post by Leonardo »

Yes, but it returns true because the event is selected before eventClick is fired.

Another workaround I found is to see if the PointerEvent has the ctrlKey flag to true so that I know if it's a click or a Ctrl+Click but relying on that doesn't seem too strong.

Post by saki »

Unfortunately, it is not easily configurable so a hack/workaround will be necessary. I have created a feature request: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3221

Post by Leonardo »

Thank you very much!