Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by henrikbackman »

Hi,

Do you have an example page for scheduler where you can change the viewPreset and the date at the same time?

In our application we get this behavior when selecting the 1/10 as end date with the viewPreset "monthAndYear":

Screen Recording 2021-07-22 at 09.31.20.gif
Screen Recording 2021-07-22 at 09.31.20.gif (2.25 MiB) Viewed 952 times

When the end date is anything but the first, the column is displayed correctly.

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Post by henrikbackman »

Thanks. If I add "autoAdjustTimeAxis: false" and change the month item to display the date range "new Date('2021-07-01 00:00')" - "new Date('2021-10-01 23:59')" the scheduler renders as the GIF up top. What can I do to display the first of october correctly? It should be way narrower.

Post by saki »

It is a bug, thank you for reporting. The ticket is here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3208

Post by saki »

Actually, this is not a bug because the rendering logic always uses the ticks that are same size so if you use monthAndYear preset and set the endDate to the first day of the month tick with disable autoAdjustTimeAxis then it results in the behavior you observe; but it is expected.

Probably the best would be to set endDate to the end of October in this case.

Post by henrikbackman »

Okay, but what about the behavior when we change from the 1/10 to 2/10? Then the october column gets narrow as expected:

Screen Recording 2021-07-23 at 15.22.42.gif
Screen Recording 2021-07-23 at 15.22.42.gif (2.6 MiB) Viewed 904 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

There was a miscommunication there - first and last ticks can have different size if time axis is not adjusted automatically. Rule applies to all ticks but first/last.
I've reopened the ticket, thank you for bringing this up.