Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by EarlyHost »

I try to use the summary and groupSummary feature in scheduler.
AjaxHelper returns an promise, but the renderer expects an HTML-String.

Any chance to fetch the summary values async?
An sync call lasts too long...

Post by mats »

Introducing async rendering would kill rendering performance, better you prefetch the data required to render fully.

Post by EarlyHost »

The data depends on grouping, zoomlevel, filtering etc.
So its seems a hard work to prefetch data to match all these different situation. Tooltips are rendered async, so why couldn´t just the summary renderd async too? Any chance to fill the summary element async like a reference to the html element? So i could fill in the value when i fetch them from server?

Post by alex.l »

HI EarlyHost,

The thing is that tooltips opens once when you hover on some element, loads the data inside and closes. But the content in grid columns is reflects to many events (data change, resize, zoomlevel, filtering too, as you mentioned) and re-render itself. This may fire too many requests and be the cause of race condition bugs, as well as lugs in performance. Same for summaries which will be re-rendered after any change of data. I'm afraid we cannot support that for column content.
You could try to implement it yourself, use a callback function which will replace a value in the placeholder, but it still may do more requests than you suppose.

All the best,
Alex

All the best,
Alex

Post by EarlyHost »

Finally i manage to prefetch the data.
But i realize that a single change of an event refreshes ALL summaries on the page. This is a big performance lag.
Is this behaviour intended or a bug?
Btw. Using bryntum scheduler 4.3.6

Post by alex.l »

Since summaries may contain any custom method with any calculation that user will provide (which may use very random values from random records, depends on business logic and cannot be really predicted), I would expect to see recalculations for all summaries after data change to make sure all data is up to date.

All the best,
Alex

Post by EarlyHost »

I think this is a rare case.
In my opinion, a summary should only depends on the events in the ticks and resources. And if an event is changend i expect only a refresh of the involved ticks.
Actually a resize of a single event blocks the scheduler for estimated 10 seconds. I think this is not acceptable...
So in my oponion a config-switch for a refreshing of all summaries or only the summaries in the changed tick ist the best solution.

Post by alex.l »

Actually a resize of a single event blocks the scheduler for estimated 10 seconds.

Could you please share a test case to reproduce that?

All the best,
Alex

Post by alex.l »

I've opened a feature request to add a new config https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4498

All the best,
Alex

Post by EarlyHost »

Not sure if my problem is really understand.
I have 80k prefetch data for summary, covering a timespan of 190 days, for 800 resources.
Even if only 10 days visible all summaries of all resources are calculated and renderd. This is the performance bottleneck.
If i check the visible timespan an render only visible summaries performance is fine.
But if i scroll, no summaries visible. I think this is a bug, becouse no events rendered outside the visible span, but summaries...
Could u please fix this odd behaviour?