Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by chrisb »

Hey Guys,

I'm seeing if I edit any of the root level tasks, there is no parentIndex being sent in the sync. I'm assuming this is because there is no parent - however here is still a sequence order to these tasks. is there any way to send this data up?

Cheers,

Chris

Post by mats »

I'm seeing if I edit any of the root level tasks, there is no parentIndex being sent in the sync

We only send modified data, so parentIndex won't be sent unless it has changed. Would you like it to always be included no matter what? Please see https://bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Core/data/field/DataField#config-alwaysWrite

Post by chrisb »

Thanks Mats,

On further investigation, it seems it being sent on the other tasks was my issue, and was because I wasn't sending the parentIndex down from the server.

However it does seem weird that that issue wasn't present on the first task, and wonder whether there is some check being done when comparing if the value has changed/exists and needs to be synced, and a value of 0 wasn't being sent because it's falsey. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Chris

Post by mats »

However it does seem weird that that issue wasn't present on the first task, and wonder whether there is some check being done when comparing if the value has changed/exists and needs to be synced, and a value of 0 wasn't being sent because it's falsey. Just a thought.

Sounds weird yes, can you reproduce this in our samples easily? We would love to take a look and fix it if broken!