Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by pzs »

Hi,

I noticed populating the stores in 4.2.2 got much faster than 4.2.1 (thanks!), however something changed around scrolling, since it got much slower...

Unfortunately I can not send any example, however you can see the attached screenshot, I used the same dataset and tried to do the same scrolling. Also noticed it's a different event (requestAnimationFrame vs scroll).
Are you aware of this perf. difference?

Also little bit different topic: is there a way to measure/log the scrolling/re-rendering time?

Attachments
scheduler_421-422.png
scheduler_421-422.png (65.96 KiB) Viewed 431 times

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

This is a regression that unfortunately got released with 4.2.2. Noticed it a couple of days ago, it is fixed already for 4.2.3. If you have the chance, great if you could try with the latest nightly and see that it fixes your case too.

I personally use Performance Profiling in Chrome DevTools to check such things, but you could use for example scripts from here https://github.com/bryntum/grid-performance to do it programmatically.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by pzs »

Thanks for the info.
I've just tried the nightly and can confirm: scrolling works as in 4.2.1, so we're waiting for the 4.2.3 release :)

Post by johan.isaksson »

Great, thanks for checking!

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson