Continuous movement of Scroll bar on the Gantt chart

Support for v6.x of our Scheduling components
viragjain

Continuous movement of Scroll bar on the Gantt chart

Post by viragjain » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:37 am

Hi Team,

There is a scenario where I'm using the timespan for expanding the Gantt chart based on the Project start date and end date. While using Zoom in or Zoom out, it appends some of the days extra in the Gantt chart and on the same time while trying to update any of the Task we are using timespan, which result in setting gantt chart based on change of Project dates and result in movement of gantt chart left or right.

Is there a way where we can hold the gantt chart while setting timespan? Means it only set timespan for the gantt chart but not moving from left or right.

Thanks

saki
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: Continuous movement of Scroll bar on the Gantt chart

Post by saki » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 am

It should be possible to:

Code: Select all

gantt.suspendRefresh();
gantt.setStartDate(newDate); // or any other timespan manipulation
gantt.resumeRefresh();
See also docs: https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt-for-extjs/#!/api/Gnt.panel.Gantt-method-suspendRefresh

viragjain

Post by viragjain » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 am

This helps in making view to be there but calendar dates are not in sync, it keep on showing view on its position but calendar is moving as per updates of start and end. Is there a way to setTimeSpan during a scroll of Gantt Chart?
Do we have a handler for movement of scroll bar on Gantt Chart?

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation

viragjain

Post by viragjain » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Ya I got it and tried it, but I am not able to get the current date or position of the gantt chart. So, using scrollToDate by having center date of Gantt chart will not helping me as I also have to setTimeSpan on the same time. So that if date goes beyond the visibility scope it will set time span for the Gantt chart with end date.

Is there anything that on shifting moving the scrollbar, dynamically it will append the Gantt chart into view upto the end date we wanted. Like we have shiftNext, shiftPrevious, will it will be called during scroll of Gantt chart?

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation