Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by eugenem »

Strange behavior that looks like a bug. I've implemented a monthly view using following code. The idea is to show the whole month on one screen.

presets: [ { id: 'month', base: 'dayAndWeek', tickHeight: 20, } ], this.schedulerPro.instance.zoomTo({ preset: 'month', startDate: startDate, // first day of requested month endDate: endDate // first day of next month });

It works well except for October 2022 and October 2023. October 2021 does work fine.

When it fails, I don't see that timeline is updated, and events are also shown for the previous month. But if I do any layout update (scrollbar, splitter, browser size), it shows proper info. It only happens in vertical mode.

I've tried to trigger some refresh for scheduler, but didn't find any function for it.

Post by marcio »

Hello eugenem,

Could you please share what your configuration looks like?? You mentioned that's happening in vertical mode, so we would need a better context about that. If you could assemble a sample with the behavior that you described would be very nice to help you with that.

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by eugenem »

hmm, it's complex to reproduce.

But I saw another thing: when there are events in October, it works fine. Only if there are no events at all, it fails to update the vertical axis.

Post by alex.l »

Hi eugenem,

I can't reproduce that. Please attach a test case and clear steps to reproduce.
Do you see that problem here https://bryntum.com/examples/examples-scheduler/vertical/ ?

Try to upgrade your app if you used not recent version.

All the best,
Alex

Post by eugenem »

cannot reproduce at your demo

now I see another issue: events from the previous month are shown at the current one when I go over months (in case the current month has no events of itself)

look, I think the simplest way is to refresh the scheduler manually in a few ms. how do I do this?

Post by alex.l »

Try this https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler-pro/api/SchedulerPro/view/SchedulerPro#function-refreshRows
But it will be very appreciated if you'll make a test case to reproduce this problem, it sounds like an important problem, we need to figure out what's wrong.

All the best,
Alex

Post by eugenem »

ok, i did it like this:

this.schedulerPro.instance.zoomTo({ preset: this.zoom_level, startDate: startDate, endDate: endDate });

setTimeout(() => { //this.schedulerPro.instance.renderContents(); this.schedulerPro.instance.refreshRows(); }, 50);

Post by alex.l »

Glad to hear, but if you'll have time in future and opportunity to make a test case, we would be happy to check that deeply. In case it's a bug in our code, it needs to be fixed.

All the best,
Alex