Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by lilangani »

Hi,
The solution that you have provided fixed the Manual Event Validation but we still have the issue in our Automation test suite that the Validation message does not fire up upon Drag and Drop.
Do you have any suggestions for this?
Regards,
Lilangani

Post by tasnim »

I'm not able to reproduce it. I tried to reproduce it here https://bryntum.com/examples/scheduler/basic/
What version are you using?

Post by lilangani »

Hi Tasnim,
Our company is using 5.0.1
We use a two grid scheduler.
We use Selenium for our Automation test suites.
After Mats reply (above) eventDragAbort was changed to afterEventDrop.
This fixed the issue manually but still did not fix it in the Automation.

Regards,
Lilangani

Post by tasnim »

It's really hard to tell something without having the ability to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide a runnable test case? and steps to reproduce it

Post by lilangani »

Hi Tasnim,

When performing a drag and drop in the automation test there is a console error generated as shown in the screenshot. This prevents the validation message firing (afterEventDrop ).

What we are trying to achieve is run a drag & drop by locating the element ID or the coordinates. I have given a code example where we use Selenium as our automation test. Please see the code here. However, I believe the suggested afterEventDrop function does not work with the selenium code.

Attachments
codesample_selenuim.png
codesample_selenuim.png (48.53 KiB) Viewed 402 times
consoleerror.png
consoleerror.png (95.71 KiB) Viewed 402 times

Post by alex.l »

Thank you for the screenshot.
Unfortunately, it gives no information to us for investigation. I see you called some dragAndDrop method, as well as the error in console, but we cannot reproduce that with our code base, so we cannot fix it or tell you how to fix it.
First of all, please investigate your test scenario and try to reproduce this manually by yourself.
Try to upgrade your Scheduler version to latest released.

We have to be able to reproduce the error to go forward here.
Runnable test case and steps to reproduce will help a lot with this problem.

All the best,
Alex

Post by lilangani »

Hi Alex,
I was able to reproduce the error on your Bryntum site.
Please run the code attached. Also see the powerpoint video of the scenario and notice how the event is bouncing back to the top pane.
Regards,
Lilangani

Attachments
BryntumDragAndDrop.7z
(477.78 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
dist.zip
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Post by alex.l »

I checked your video, followed steps provided and still cannot reproduce it on our example. Very possible that the test framework you are using doesn't emulate some of required events to finish drop. We cannot fix your tests in bounds of forum support I am afraid.
I've implemented same test scenario using our test framework https://www.bryntum.com/products/siesta/ and all works great. It turbo mode also (which is faster than your test), so the problem is not in speed.
Please try to debug your test. If you'll be able to reproduce it in real environment, please let us know.
If you need help in fixing tests, try to contact our sales for Professional Services https://www.bryntum.com/services

All the best,
Alex

Post by lilangani »

Hi Alex,
I can provide you with an Automated test written in pure Selenium to recreate this Drag and Drop issue in your environment.
Will this be sufficient for you to investigate this further?
Regards,
Lilangani

Post by alex.l »

Hi Lilangani,

I checked with team again, I am afraid we can't fix bug that only reproducible in emulation environment which, as I mentioned, we are not sure has triggered all required events in its scope, as it real browser does.
We tried this scenario in our test framework (which is very fast, if you think the reason in speed), as well as in real browsers and was not able to reproduce this issue.
I think better to file a ticket to test framework team in that case, or try to find a way to catch this bug in real browser, so we will be sure it's our fault.
If you need help in fixing tests, try to contact our sales for Professional Services https://www.bryntum.com/services

All the best,
Alex