Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by striker »

Hello.
Since 4.3.6 we are experiencing bug with Tooltips.
Event tooltip is hiding without reason.
I tried to investigate the problem and it seems that realign() method is called and it should not hide the tooltip.

problm.gif
problm.gif (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1202 times

Problem is not occuring on Firefox. Occurs on Edge & Chrome.
We are using tooltips with custom elements.

// Second error with tooltips - wrong calculatinh height of tooltip to be displayed.

On 4.3.6:

436.gif
436.gif (444.89 KiB) Viewed 1199 times

Tooltip height is wrongly calculated when is turning to be showed from bottom/top.

On 4.3.5 both errors are not occuring, so this is regression for us. Please fix this with priority.

435.gif
435.gif (479.81 KiB) Viewed 1199 times

Post by mats »

We first need a way to reproduce this, can you please put your eventTooltip config into one of our basic demos and check that you can reproduce it, then post it here and we'll fix it?

Post by Animal »

The isInView test checks whether the element that the tip is align to is still visible within the viewport.

This is for when an alignment target element scrolls out of view in any scrollable element.

This method detects whether the element is within the visible bounds.

I can't really tell what's happening. When you examine that lastAlignTarget on entry into that function is it in fact fully visible but the isInView claims that it's not?.

As to the height. It's not calculated, it's how much content your put into it.

But if there's not enough space at the requested align position, it will shrink so that it still fits.

Post by Animal »

Can you post some configuration of the EventTooltip feature, and show a broader screen capture?

I can't reproduce this error on any examples.

Post by Animal »

One major change that has happened recently is that EventTooltip now hides on scroll. And when using a touch sensitive mouse, a 1px scroll is triggered very easily.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 09.55.31.png
Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 09.55.31.png (38.63 KiB) Viewed 1184 times

Try configuring your EventTooltip feature with

scrollAction : 'realign'

to restore previous settings

Post by Animal »

There was also a regression with tooltip aligning that was reported and we have fixed. This ticket will be corrected in the next release: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4050

Post by striker »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:58 am

One major change that has happened recently is that EventTooltip now hides on scroll. And when using a touch sensitive mouse, a 1px scroll is triggered very easily.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 09.55.31.png

Try configuring your EventTooltip feature with

scrollAction : 'realign'

to restore previous settings

Changing this option didn't help. Still same issues.

Post by striker »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 am

Can you post some configuration of the EventTooltip feature, and show a broader screen capture?

Code shortly:

eventTooltip: <Partial<EventTooltipConfig>> {
          template: (event: any) => {
                const html = '<gantt-task-tooltip></gantt-task-tooltip>';
               return html;
          },
          scrollAction: 'realign'
        },

I can show you gif, but on PM (due to our application privateless)

Post by mats »

Can you please try to reproduce on the latest nightly build to see if it's still reproducible?

Post by striker »

Hello. We tested SchedulerPro on 4.3.7. Showing tooltips by moving cursor to next task is working well. Honestly the second problem I noticed above
("// Second error with tooltips - wrong calculatinh height of tooltip to be displayed.")

Is still exists. It looks like tooltip height is wrongly calculated and full tooltip can't be showed.

atooltip.gif
atooltip.gif (219.38 KiB) Viewed 1062 times