Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by daansatortec »

We're current working on upgrading one of our applications from Bryntum Schedule v3.1.0 to the latest version (v4). One of the issues we've ran into and are unable to fix is the following:

In the previous version (3.1.0) it was possible to intercept render events for resource time ranges using the renderevent event fired by a Scheduler instance. However, in newer versions (not sure where this exactly changed), this event is no longer fired for resource time ranges (only for "normal" events).

Since our application depends heavily on handling the renderevent for the resource time ranges we are now stuck with an older version, but we need the upgrade since it contains fixes for some bugs in the older version. I tried to see if another event is being triggered for the resource time ranges, but as far as I can tell this is not the case.

In the change log for the Bryntum scheduler I didn't found any mention of this change, so I am not sure if it was an intentional change or whether this is a bug. If this was intentional, would it be possible to introduce a new event, e.g. renderresourcetimerange? If not, can this be fixed?

To check this behavior you can simply add the following line to resource time ranges demo and check the console.

scheduler.addListener({ renderEvent: console.log })

Post by mats »

In the previous version (3.1.0) it was possible to intercept render events for resource time ranges using the renderevent event fired by a Scheduler instance. However, in newer versions (not sure where this exactly changed), this event is no longer fired for resource time ranges (only for "normal" events).

Can you please describe in detail what you used the event for?

Post by daansatortec »

Can you please describe in detail what you used the event for?

We are using this to get the Element and ResourceTimeRange record so we can attach a custom element (web component) to the resource time range and set its input.

Post by saki »

Yes, an event should be fired also for resource time ranges. Here is the ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3231