Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by tomerPlanit »

Hi,
I use scheduler 4.1.2v on angular 11.
I found that on big data size, the scroll is slow and when you click on bottom horizontal scroll arrow the scroll always return a little bit back.
I create example based on angular 8 example, in this example I have 80 resources, 6000 events, 6000 resource time ranges.

This data size can really be on my project and even more.
Please help.

Attachments
angular-8.rar
(953.64 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Post by saki »

We have investigated the issue and made some changes that will be released in version 4.1.3, however, having that many events on screen is not likely going to be improved much anytime soon.

Showing the events at another zoom level could help, having fewer resource time ranges could also help.

Post by tomerPlanit »

Hey Saki.
What are the maximum amount of events and resource time ranges, that bryntum can handle smoothly?

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

That is really hard to tell, very much depends on the system/browser it is viewed on. Scheduler can handle very many events and resource time ranges, since it uses virtualisation. But when many are rendered on screen at the same time, the browsers DOM handling is the bottleneck.

With that said, we hope 4.1.3 will improve your situation. There are also some more things you could try to improve the horizontal scroll performance:

A) Turn stickyEvents off, it repositions the labels of visible events as you scroll. With many events on screen it will be costly.
B) Turn scheduleTooltip off, it refreshes the tooltip on horizontal scroll to always show the correct date

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson