Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by geo.belas »

Hello there,

When it comes to version control with git it is a common practice for a React Project to exclude its node_module when it gets committed. With Bryntum is it mandatory to include it to have the project work or is there a workaround for it? (For instance through npm install)

In addition, if another developer other than me takes the project to see how it works must they have the Bryntum Scheduler build in their environment to make it work? Even if they want to create a production build through their own computer?

In short, Is there a best practice on how someone should handle Bryntum Scheduler with React when it comes to such issues?

Post by alex.l »

Hi geo.belas,

It's up to you how to manage your project, but the best practise is to exclude all source code that may be dowloaded or built, from your git repo. Btw, we are working hard on npm packages for bryntum products, so very soon you will be able to use it as all the rest of packages you have in your React application.

In addition, if another developer other than me takes the project to see how it works must they have the Bryntum Scheduler build in their environment to make it work? Even if they want to create a production build through their own computer?

Yes, he needs to have all libs that you used in your project. Bryntum sources are built on our side, so they won't change and may be downloaded, no need to add it to your repo. But it's up to you, just make it comfortable in work.

All best,
Alex

All the best,
Alex

Post by geo.belas »

Thank you Alex for the quick response. I have managed to find a pipeline to make it work with the flow that I need.

One last question I have is related to the issue when I try to create a build version. It doesn't render anything even with just an empty Scheduler(the same code works in debug/dev mode).

Is it because I am using a trial version or is it something else?

Post by pmiklashevich »

You should be able to build trial version in production mode too. Are you trying to build one of our shipped examples or you created your own? Please provide more details. If you're trying to build your custom app, please produce a testcase. Also please mention product/version you're using. How to ask for help is described here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=772 Please create a separate thread for every new question. Cheers!

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by geo.belas »

Thank you for the quick response. I found the solution. It was a problem with the React project and not with Bryntum.

I had forgotten to add a homepage in package.json before running the "npm run build" command.

Thanks again for the clarification.