Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by nate »

Hi all, for a feature we need to frequently update a column value in response to scrolling. Some things I've tried:

• Update the value on the resource object passed into scheduler. This doesn't have any effect, scheduler can't detect that the value changed. If I could force scheduler to detect the change and force a re-render, this approach could work
  • Use a custom renderer to render a web component for the value, and have the web component update itself. This worked beautifully except when resourceTimeRanges are updated, the column also gets re-rendered for some reason, which causes an ugly flicker effect. If I could prevent the column re-render this approach could work.

It's not an option to replace all the resource objects, this gets updated very frequently and it would be too jarring for the user.

Do you have any ideas how I can accomplish this one way or another?
Thanks in advance

Post by mats »

Update the value on the resource object passed into scheduler. This doesn't have any effect, scheduler can't detect that the value changed. If I could force scheduler to detect the change and force a re-render, this approach could work

Anytime you update a property on a resource - a re-render of only relevant cells are triggered if you set

fullRowRefresh     : false,

You can see this in action here: https://bryntum.com/examples/grid/stocklist/

Does this satisfy your requirements?

Post by nate »

I think so yes. Will give this a try. Thanks!

Post by nate »

Hope it's not a dumb question, I've set fullRowRefresh=false but I'm still not seeing the column values update when I mutate the resource directly. Do I need to do anything else for the change to take effect?

I'm using a tree for what it's worth.