Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by stephenh »

(Edited to change subject from Scheduler -> Gannt as I got the products confused.)

Hey,

The Chronograph blog post (https://www.bryntum.com/blog/announcing-chronograph-1-0-0/#) mentions an upcoming based-on-chronograph v3 release of Scheduler.

We are just starting to heavily integrate/customize Scheduler V2 into our app and are wondering:

1) Are there big API changes coming up the v3 release?
2) If so, can we volunteer to be beta customers of Scheduler v3?

In particular, we're wondering if the v3 release will be more TypeScript-first/TypeScript-friendly and also if, just because its newer, if it will be easier to integrate/customize? Maybe/maybe not, but just wanted to ask.

Thanks!

Last edited by stephenh on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

The newly released Scheduler Pro (https://www.bryntum.com/products/scheduler-pro) uses ChronoGraph for calculations - to support scheduling by calendars, dependencies and constraints. Its data level API differs from Scheduler, more closely resembling Gantts API - using a Project to hold stores for example.

The next major version of "basic" Scheduler (4.0) is expected to hit beta during the summer. I would say it has pretty big API changes, bringing it more inline with Scheduler Pro and Gantt. Although we have done our best to keep it backwards compatible.

Regarding TypeScript, it is still written in JavaScript and ships with typings generated from our docs. If there are things hard to achieve in TypeScript using our typings, please open a new thread on that. We would appreciate the input.

About beta access, I'll ask someone to get back to you on that.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by stephenh »

Thanks for your quick reply Johan!

...so...in other news, I am an idiot and got your products confused. We're actually integrating with the Gantt product. That isn't even like typo-close to the Scheduler project name, other than, for our app, we're using your Gantt product to manage "our schedules", so I think that's where my typo came from.)

So, apologies for that, but can I re-ask my question but for the Gantt product? :-) I.e. is there an upcoming v3 release that would be based on Chronograph / are there major API changes / and could we get beta access to it?

Thanks!

Post by pmiklashevich »

Gantt 2.x is already based on Chronograph. Though we're going to release a new major version soon. Gantt 3.x is going to be much faster. Although it will have lots of code changes, we always keep backward compatibility between products and produce upgrade guides to make the upgrading quick and straightforward. Please check out our docs of Gantt and Scheduling Engine

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by stephenh »

Ah, great to hear re Gantt 2.x and Chronograph.

Is Gantt 3.x at the point of being testable/available to beta users? I think we'd like to sign up for that if possible.

Post by mats »

You can already find nightly build of next major versions in our customer zone https://customerzone.bryntum.com/

Alpha release should be out shortly!