Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by Sagun.saluja »

Problem 1: The indent property is not working for Microsoft office and it is working fine for the libra office.
Problem 2: The column of exported excel is fixed even after providing the different column width in both the office.

Post by pmiklashevich »

Could you please provide a full runnable testcase or steps of how to reproduce the issue with our demos? Also please attach some screenshots describing the problem.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by Sagun.saluja »

Hey pmiklashevich,

In the list demos available for bryuntum scheduler, if you see in the excel export demo, it does not have tree structure format -https://www.bryntum.com/examples/scheduler/exporttoexcel/
Hence, could not show demo in it as while doing export to excel, we need such

If you see the above image, you can see proper indentation(space before child), this is fine in case of libra office but not working in Microsoft office.

Thanks in advance! :)

Post by mats »

You can try it here: https://bryntum.com/examples/gantt/exporttoexcel/ and you'll see indent is working well in Excel. If it doesn't for you, please try latest version.
Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 11.55.51.png
Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 11.55.51.png (773.61 KiB) Viewed 3517 times

Post by Sagun.saluja »

Thank you for your response!

Yes, we need it in such a format only. But, as I can see this is present in Bryntum Gantt. I was looking in Bryntum Scheduler 🙂

Post by mats »

They use the same underlying exporter so it will work the same in both Scheduler + Gantt

Post by Sagun.saluja »

Thanks for your reply!

Post by Sagun01 »

Hello,
here is the code screenShot which showing the way I've used this feature in my project

and if I destructure the indent and indentationSymbol property

Problem(which is not sorted yet): If the IndentationSymbol is blank String(" "), this export feature shows different behavior on different excel tools only when IndentationSymbol is blank String(" ") . for example for libra office IndentationSymbol as blank String(" ") is working fine but for Microsoft, excel it's not.

One more thing I want to add: That other than Black String(" "), if I replace the blank String (" ") IndentationSymbol to any other
let suppose ">>" then it's working fine for all the tools

Post by mats »

Btw, why do you post from two different accounts?

Post by Sagun01 »

The initial one was by mistake I created, so I replaced earlier id with this one. I hope it makes sense.

Also, was waiting for your answer to my queries :).