Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by thorthor »

Hello Bryntum team,

I'm not sure where can I report this as it's related not to the bryntum scheduler core, but to its documentation.

It seems like the scroll sometimes gets stuck randomly when scrolling. I'm using Chrome 78 on OSX 10.14.6.

How to reproduce?
1. Open https://www.bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#Scheduler/feature/EventDrag
2. Scroll a few times to the bottom

Expected: The scroll will stop working after a few scrolls

Best,
Renato

Post by saki »

I cannot reproduce it. Tested on MacBook Pro Mid 2012, OS X 10.15.1. Could you try it on another Mac?
doc-scroll.gif
doc-scroll.gif (5.97 MiB) Viewed 1441 times

Post by thorthor »

Tried on a colleague s mac: Catalina 10.15.1, Chrome 78.0.3904.108

Same behaviour as in the gif.

I think I found the origin if this issue. On the macbook's retina screen everything works fine, but when the docs are viewed on external monitor, scroll stops working after a few scrolls. Maybe something related to dpi?
Attachments
scroll-docs.gif
scroll-docs.gif (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1438 times

Post by saki »

I have tested the scrolling of the docs on external monitor (I only have old 1440x900 monitor) connected to my MBP and also to late 2015 27" iMac and I was not able to reproduce the scrolling problem. Besides of dpi (if you have a high-res monitor), it can also be cause by a Chrome extension.

Post by thorthor »

OK, I think it's related to a breakpoint because it is only reproducible on larger screen (not necessarily DPI).

Try this:
1. open chrome with dev tools
2. press CMD + Shift + m
3. Choose "responsive" from a drop down menu and enter the settings from the image
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 09.36.17.png
Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 09.36.17.png (9.58 KiB) Viewed 1420 times

Post by thorthor »

Not sure if it was a Chrome bug or you deployed a new build, but now with Chrome 79 the issue is not present. So the issue is fixed! :)