Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by tharindu »

Hi guys,

I just signed up for a free trial for the Bryntum Scheduler and I'm trying to integrate it with an Angular application. I've read through the guide but i'm having trouble finding where to download the source files.

Can someone please assist me with this and let me know what I need to do locate the demo files to download from.

Thank you

Post by mats »

Post by tharindu »

this command hangs for minutes "npm install --save Scheduler/build". Usually npm installation only take a couple of seconds. I've waited for minutes with no update.

Please check the screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 4.58.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 4.58.33 PM.png (60.17 KiB) Viewed 2484 times

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi!

First you should download Trial using Free trial right top green link at https://www.bryntum.com/
Then unpack zip to your app folder in Scheduler subfolder so it would be your-app-folder/Scheduler/build with package.json in it.

After that you could install package from your-app-folder using the
npm install --save Scheduler/build
Or you could try to add file: to path like this:
npm install --save file:Scheduler/build
If this won't help please provide more details on what you did and what OS/NodeJS you use.

Post by tharindu »

I already signed up for the Free Trial and i received the email with some links but it didn't give me any packages to download.

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi!

Probably you have something blocked it your browser or missed the automatic download.
It should proceed to download page right after you fill the form.
Please check it again, I've just downloaded the trial with no problems.

Open browser's download manager and check if it is there already.
Press Ctrl + J for this in Chorme / FireFox.

Post by tharindu »

Hi,

I managed to download the files and then i followed the installation and integration steps in this guide : https://www.bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#guides/integration/angular.md

Now when i try to run the application it's saying "Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '/Project/src/Scheduler/examples/angular/_shared/dist/bryntum-angular-shared' in '/Project/src/app/shared'"

It can't seem to find the brntum-angular-shared module that i have imported in to my shared module. If i remove it and try to run the application works properly.

Could you please help me get this sorted?

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi!

Please check readme.md file in example folder for more information.
It contains steps to build shared bundle and application

Post by tharindu »

Hi,

Still I am struggling with issues while installing. Please see my issue in the attachment.

If possible can you please check my issue directly while sharing my screen in Teamviewer or skype.

Thanks,
Tharindu
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (212.89 KiB) Viewed 2395 times

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello Tharindu,

I see you're using our _shared module which provides Scheduler wrapper as a local npm package. To install it please follow our guide. Please pay your attention to the Integrating Scheduler with Angular using the wrapper chapter. It has 4 steps:
  • Build bryntum-angular-shared package
  • Install bryntum-angular-shared package
  • Add bryntum-angular-shared to tsconfig.json
  • Import Bryntum Angular Shared Module
Each of these steps is explained in details in the guide.

Please check your paths. They have to match _shared location.

Also please pay attention how we recommend to include the shared module. Instead of relative path please use module name:
import { BryntumAngularSharedModule } from 'bryntum-angular-shared'
Please make sure your package.json file has a reference to the _shared module:
  "dependencies": {
    "bryntum-scheduler": "file:../../../build",
    "bryntum-resources": "file:../../_shared",
    "bryntum-angular-shared": "file:../_shared/dist/bryntum-angular-shared",
If the line above is missing probably you haven't installed bryntum-angular-shared as a local npm package
npm i ../_shared/dist/bryntum-angular-shared
Please update your paths relative to the folder's location.

Let me know please, if the app works now for you. If not, please zip "ANGULAR-SCHEDULER" folder and attach here, so we have something to check (remove node_modules please).

Best,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer