Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by tharindu »

Hi ,

I followed your installation steps still I am getting this issue. Can you please provide me the solution for this issue .

Thanks,
Tharindu
Attachments
img.jpeg
img.jpeg (248.89 KiB) Viewed 1897 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
As I see, TS complains about typings in the @angular package. We don't see this problem locally. What node/npm version do you use? Does it happen when you try to build clean example from our distribution?

Post by tharindu »

Hi,

I am using
node - v12.13.0
npm - 6.12.0
"typescript": "2.6.2",
"@angular/core": "5.2.9",

It is happened when serves(ng serve) the application.

Thanks,
Tharindu

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

I saw that such error could be caused by old node version, not the newest. But i'd still suggest to try node 10 maybe. Or better contact angular support (if 5.2.9 is still supported) and ask about cause of this problem, because as you can see in the console, errors come from angular sources (type definitions).

Post by tharindu »

Hi,

We have been trying to fix this problem for over 2 weeks now and simply can't seem to get it to work. We have done everything your team has told us to do and yet we're not able to get it moving forward and this is really putting a huge delay on our timelines. We have a few modules to build and we're dependent on your plugin to achieve these results.

It would be great if you could provide some remote access support. We can share a teamviewer access to one of our dev laptops and you can debug remotely and see if we have done everything properly or are missing any steps during the process.

Would really appreciate if your team could assist with this because we know we want the plugin and installing it and moving forward is the only thing that's stop us from purchasing the license.

Thank you.

Post by saki »

Hello,

I have tested our angular/angular-5 example with your versions of node, npm, typescript and angular and it compiles and runs without problems so we can conclusively say that it is not the problem of versions or their combination.

Post please your code that cannot compile so that we can run it and debug it. The error messages you gave above are not sufficient to advise effectively.

You can also hire us to debug it for you at https://www.bryntum.com/services/

Post by tharindu »

Hi Saki. Thank you for getting back to us. Can we give you remote access to one of our dev laptops? We just need this installed and we can't share our code across because our management feel comfortable with it. If you could just get on remote desktop via teamviewer and just debug on my machine locally and help us move past this stage it would really help us out here and we could move on to purchasing the package as well.

Let me know if you're willing to help with this and I will share teamviewer access to my laptop.

Thank you.

Post by saki »

Well, the remote sessions fall into the category of professional services.

We understand that providing the company code might be problematic, however, we do not need the whole application which could even be contra-productive.

The ideal showcase for use it the simplest possible code that exhibits the issue that we can throw into our examples tree, run and debug.

Post by tharindu »

Hi Saki,

Thanks for your quick response.

Here I attached zip file.Like this way I am trying to integrate bryntum in my project.

Note: Removed outside and inside _shared1 folder node_modules.

Thanks,
Tharindu
Attachments
my-ng5-app.zip
(6.34 MiB) Downloaded 134 times

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello Tharindu,

I checked your testcase this morning. It looks like you're trying to mix different angular demos in one application. The problem here is that you put our sources inside the app, so TS tries to compile them and fails. Please always keep libraries outside the main project. I've upgraded our integration guide with a warning about it.

You probably was confused by angular-5 demo. It has a folder called "scheduler" in the app folder and "angular-5/src/app/scheduler/scheduler.component.ts" file in it. This file is not a library file. This is something we call "wrapper" which is written for a certain app. This was the first version of the wrapper. Then we moved it to the angular/_shared folder and continue to update it only there. So in fact scheduler.component.ts in angular-5 is a bit out-of-date.

So there are 2 options how to use the wrapper:
1. As a local app file. For that you can copy examples/angular/_shared/projects/bryntum-angular-shared/src/lib/scheduler.component.ts file to your app (similar to what we do in angular-5 demo)
2. As npm package. For that you need to copy examples/angular/_shared folder outside the app (you can also rename it if you want), adjust paths in package.json and build the package. After that need to update package.json of your app and add this package there.
What to choose is only up to you.

Wrapper as local app file:
I've updated angular-5 demo to use the latest wrapper and included trial source. Please see:
my-ng5-app (wrapper is a part of your app).zip
(6.75 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
Also I updated Scheduler/build/scheduler.umd.d.ts file in build folder, to satisfy TS in new wrapper:
export class SchedulerBase extends TimelineBase
// Added "|Model" to the line below
editEvent(eventRecord: EventModel|Model, resourceRecord?: ResourceModel, element?: HTMLElement): void;
To get it started need to go to angular-5 folder and run:
npm install
npm run start
Wrapper as npm package:
Also I changed angular-5 demo to show you how to use it with wrapper installed as npm package:
my-ng5-app (wrapper as npm package).zip
(8.86 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
You can pay attention that "examples/_shared" is renamed to "example-resources" and "examples/angular/_shared" is renamed to "wrapper".
To get it started need to go to wrapper folder and run:
npm install
npm run build
then go to angular-5 folder and run:
npm install
npm run start
Let me know please if you are able to run both examples and your issue is fixed. You can use any of that as a start point to develop your application.

Best wishes,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer