Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by Cr3aHal0 »

Hello everyone !

I'm coming in front of you today because my company is actually making its way from ExtJS to Angular 6+ and is actually willing to migrate its scheduling views from ExtJS to Angular-component system.

The current scheduling views are all done using your ExtJS library and there is no reason our leader would not want to continue that way but they found some new need I couldn't find any answer by myself regarding your Angular library. Does the Bryntum Scheduler embed some "cross-resources" event creation (around eventDragCreate) ?
CaptureScheduler.PNG
CaptureScheduler.PNG (21.86 KiB) Viewed 824 times
They're looking for some way to have dates as resources (something like a 4-days timespan for instance), time as X axis and being able to click on 2019-08-19 10:00:00 and drag backwards all the way to 2019-08-17 19:00:00. Currently, they cannot really do it and the closest approach they use is creating as many events as there are days-different segment :

[2019-08-19 10:00:00 -> 2019-08-19 00:00:00]
[2019-08-18-00:00:00 -> 2019-08-18 23:59:59]
[2019-08-17 19:00:00 -> 2019-08-17 23:59:59]

This isn't really practical at all + they need some kind of calculation server-side to pack this 3-length set as a single period, that's why they are looking for the straightforward-UX-friendly way as a single click&drag. As I came accross the set of samples but didn't find what I was looking for, I already started to find a way to trick the user programmaticaly if this is not possible the native way but in case there is already a way to do it hack-less then this would be our go-to signal to cross the line :)

Thanks in advance for your wonderful tools and for your answer, and much sorry for the bad english

Have a nice day

Max

PS : In case you're wondering why my company want that kind of feature, it is because... they saw they can do it within Outlook calendar x)

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

Unfortunately neither having dates as resources nor drag creating events across multiple resources at once are currently supported out of the box.

Looking at it from my point of view, implementing drag create over multiple resources is pretty trivial (a day or two to implement) while dates as resources is far more complex (would probably take us a couple of weeks). I would recommend you to contact Bryntum Services if you want further assistance on this: https://www.bryntum.com/services/

Good luck!
Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by Cr3aHal0 »

Hi,

thanks for your quick response ! We will look into it in the near future then

Have a good day

Max